Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The flooring makes such a difference!

The flooring was better than I imagined! During the selection process, the flooring was my very favorite item. I loved the rustic look and texture. During the building process, I started to worry that the flooring maybe too dark for the dark cabinets. I was very happy to finally discover that the flooring looks great with the cabinets!



The floors are still dusty, but I love them! I am so relieved that they are not too dark!
Here is a close up of the counters. I love the color. I did not love the granite choices that Ryan offered. The upgrade to granite was expensive considering that the kitchen has such a large island. I know that everyone wants granite, but it's not my favorite look, even my husband knows that it is out of date. He clearly pays attention while I am watching HGTV! We decided to go with the upgraded Formica F180 Calacutta Marble. We knew that we could always purchase  quartz or marble (what I really wanted, but wasn't an option with Ryan) later for less money and have more choices later, but I am happy with the Calacutta Marble. I can't wait to add a backsplash to really pull it all together!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My husband & I are going through the same thing, we love the Bateman, but would love to see more of it! Would you by chance, have anymore pictures, especially of the master and master bath? I love your blog so far! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to add your own stuff during the building process (like your backsplash) or did you have to wait until the build was complete? Love the flooring! What shade is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you able to add your own stuff during the building process (like your backsplash) or did you have to wait until the build was complete? Love the flooring! What shade is it?

    ReplyDelete